Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Large Garden- New Soil

My large garden has certainly been around the longest, sat empty the longest and been the biggest weed mess to control.
I have always dreamed of having a few yards of grade A topsoil delivered into it's bed but finances have never allowed...
until this year.
What a joy it was to spread this dirt around, I just love the smell of fresh soil.

I first laid out my planting, yellow squash (for muffins), zucchini, cucumbers and cantaloupe. The plan it for all these viney plants to grow outside the bed on trellises, still to be made, to free up the inside of the bed for tomatoes, onions and beans.

I've been watering daily and planted seeds last week with hopes of their peaking through the dirt soon. I may buy some tomato plants at the farmers market this weekend.
Until then have a happy day!

2 comments:

Molly said...

This has inspired me to make a blog about my gardening. Wish me luck! I just love your blogs :)

Michelle said...

Thanks Molly, let me know I love reading and learning about others gardening!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails