Monday, April 11, 2011

Garden Update

Garden March 29th:
And 13 days later:
Some close-ups:
Yellow squash- I can't wait to make my mom's yellow squash muffins with these.

Cucumbers. Pickles coming as soon as we have enough and with 9 plants I'm sure to have enough!
I've also started a bunch more seeds.
More onion, tomatoes, beans, cucumbers... this year my goal is to have a continual supply of veggies.
Spacing out the plants start time should allow for a longer harvest season.
I am also hoping to kill a large area on the side lawn and plant several rows of corn.

Justin has proven to be my son.
Yesterday he informed me he wanted to eat healthier, more fruits and veggies and he asked that they be natural, homegrown- no pesticides :)

1 comment:

milaminute said...

Have you read Square Foot Gardening? I did 25 years ago and now it's out in a revised form and sooo easy! It sounds perfect for what you hope to do. Keep up the good work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails