Monday, November 24, 2014

Fall Garden

What a hot mess my garden is.

Time

Like anything of value a garden takes time
and care.

It's not that I don't have time, it that I haven't allotted time to the garden.

This past summer I had incredible tomatoes.
Incredible!
We gave a bunch away as well as enjoyed our own stash.

I also had success with green beans and green peppers.

I planted squash but they seemed to be eaten by pests besfore I could even combat those pesky bugs,
but then again
time.
The garden didn't get much time.

With a new wind in my sails I am prepping my fall and winter garden.

Oh the joys of living in zone 9- a year round option to garden.

Within a week I hope to have in the ground:
broccoli
lettuce
beets
spinach
peas
and tomatoes

I also purchased some heirloom herb seeds and by mid-December plan to have those started in pots on the patio.

Speaking of heirloom seeds I purchase mine from Zziggysgal.
I have been pleased with the quality of the seeds and she sometimes throws in an extra gift!!
Bonus!  

Here's to a fall and winter full of dirty nails and tasty treats! 
-m

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails